Apam Balik Homemade

Homemade Apam Balik or when I googled it's called turn over pancakes filled with sweetcorn, butter, sugar and peanuts. I remember we used to buy this in Klang Jaya Market  from a Chinese lady for breakfast. If she's not around, I'll be so disappointed and wait till the coming weekend. The filling is sweet and delicious and the pancakes are fluffy with its crispy sides. She makes the best Apam Balik.

It's been a long time since I ate these fluffy sweet pancakes, I think almost 5 years. So I decided to make this Apam Balik myself for tea. Here is how I made the Apam Balik :


1. Mix all the dry ingredients together (Wheat flour, salt, baking powder and sugar).
2. Mix eggs, oil and the milk well and add the mixture of dry ingredients.
3. Mix well until there are no lumps.
4. Pour the batter in a pan. Once there are bubbles and the top looks cooked, spread the butter, add the sweet corn and sprinkle the peanuts  on one side of the pancake.
5. Flip over the other half to make a half moon.
6. Apam Balik is ready to be eaten with a cup of tea. :)



The Making of Apam Balik









Comments